This low fat soup provides a serving of vegetables, a healthy dose of betacarotene and so much flavour you’ll forget it’s good for you.
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 carrot
- 1 squash, peeled and cubed
- 4 cubes low sodium bouillon
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup skim milk
- Optional spices: Cumin, nutmeg, parsley, chives, brown sugar
- Saute the onion, carrot and garlic until soft. Add water, bouillon, squash and spices and bring to a boil. Simmer until squash is tender, approximately 40 minutes.
- Puree in food processor until smooth. Return to pot and add milk before serving.