This is a healthier version of the exotic entrée salad, chock full of fiber and veggies. Add some dried chilli pepper flakes if you want something with a bit more kick!
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked
- 2 cups whole wheat linguine noodles, cooked
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 cups coleslaw or shredded cabbage
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- Low fat Thai or Sesame Dressing
1. In a large salad bowl, combine the cooked noodles, lettuce, carrots, coleslaw, pepper and onion. Pour ¼ cup of dressing over salad. Stir until well-coated and let sit for 10 min.
2. Slice the chicken into strips and mix into salad. Serve over a bed of romaine lettuce. Garnish with slivered almonds. Add dressing to taste.
Serves 4 meal sized salads.