- 2 oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1.75 cups chicken broth
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup California prunes
- 6 dried apricots, quartered
- salt and pepper to taste
- In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium- high heat until hot. Place chicken in skillet; cook 4 minutes on each side, until browned. Add garlic and onion; cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, except for toppings. Reduce heat to medium low; cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and top with a squeeze of fresh lemon, and if desired add pomegranate seeds, mint, coriander and feta cheese.
- Serve on a bed of couscous or rice.
Share this Recipe